classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
116 messages Options
1 ... 3456
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

For Sale

Escapade198
20 solidly FENCED acres with electric and septic already installed, RV hookup and cover in place.  Land telephone line already installed.  Very solidly built storage building with small privacy fenced yard.  Water cubes with gutters for rainwater installed on roof of good sized storage building.  East property gate opens onto PAVED FM 2317.  Which is a very low traffic road.  This property joins me on the south.  I no longer need it as I purchased another parcel that gives me direct access to FM 2317.  

Sunset ranches unit 231, lot 1. Address already established, 7820 FM 2317.  Possible owner finance with down payment.  $40,000 with 7% interest if financed.  SSR is now selling the exact same lots for $36,000 plus, with no improvements.  Number is on the gate, if someone wants to drive by.  Number is a bit hard to see as it's painted over.  It's on right gatepost looking west.  Green tube gate with green gateposts.  Contact me to view further than the road as I have dogs that can be less than stranger friendly.  

Linda Courts
432-242-0488. Email: eacapade198@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Just Purchased

Brittane23
In reply to this post by Administrator
Hi, My husband and I just purchased unit:223,tract:6, section: 47, block 72 in hudspeth county. I go for my tour next weekend and we plan to start building during my husband's last enlistment before he retires. We ate both Marines( Im a Vet) .Any info you all can share about the area is very appreciated especially regarding installing a utility pole, water tank and internet. Also has anyone paved the road leading to their House? Or laid down gravel? Trying to price how much it'll be. We have a truck but also have a Buick and are purchasing an Audi so definitely need sometime of paved road I'm sure.
Reply | Threaded
|

Escapade198
Your land isn’t far from me.  Electricity to that parcel would be very expensive since it isn't near a distribution line.  Contact Rio Grand Electric Coop for more info. 915) 964-2690 in Dell City or 830) 563-2444 for Corp.   I have a distribution line on my property and it still cost around $3500 to have electric installed including transformer and breaker boxes on the pole at the edge of my yard.  I had to run the line from there to my cabin.  Before u can get electricity you must have a certificate of compliance from Hudspeth County which means your septic system must be in place and inspected by the county.  Plus you must have a source for water. There are several area companies who do septic, but it may take a while to get them out.  I had a company in Tornillo do mine.  Took about 2 months for them to come, but only a few hours to do the work.

Water tanks are available from Perry's hardware in Dell City, reasonable price, $1500 for 2500 gallon, and they will deliver.  At least that's what Mr. Perry quoted me a couple years ago.  There are also tanks available in several places in El Paso, Tractor Supply, You Do It Best/Wholesale lumber, but you would have to transport them yourself.  Or you can go online and find tanks, for a bit less, but u must pay freight which makes them more expensive than at Perry's.  I learned about Perry's AFTER I bought online and paid large freight costs.

I have internet through Hughes Net.  Easy to get, costs about $80 per month with taxes and fees.  You can get Excede through Rio Grand Electric, similar price, but slower service, in my experience.  

To get to your parcel there is at least two miles of dirt, partially natural graveled road.  To pave or put in gravel, if it could be done, would cost a small fortune.  Not sure if you could even do that since the roads are maintained by SSR, not sure individuals would be allowed to add pavement or gravel as these are roads used by everyone.

You're lucky that ur parcel is accessible enough to have water delivered which isn't the case for many.  Chris who works at the water dept. in Dell City will deliver 1700 gallons of water for $120.  

I've lived here for 7 years and love it, but it isn't for everyone.  Especially if ur used to a more urban setting.  The cost of land is reasonable, but creating a comfortable place to live is challenging and will require $$.

[hidden email] if you need more info or u may call me at 432)242-0488.  Feel free to stop by when you do your tour.  I'm not far from your land, but my main entrance gate is on paved 2317.  Gates are locked so u would need to let me know in advance if u want to come by.

Cell service in this area is VERY sketchy.  None where I live.  You might be luckier as your parcel is a bit higher.

There is a lot of misinformation floating around out here.  I fell prey to a lot of it when I came in 2011. Always happy to help new arrivals maybe avoid some of the pitfalls.  

Linda Courts

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 8:21 PM Brittane23 [via Sierra Blanca TX Land Owners] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, My husband and I just purchased unit:223,tract:6, section: 47, block 72 in hudspeth county. I go for my tour next weekend and we plan to start building during my husband's last enlistment before he retires. We ate both Marines( Im a Vet) .Any info you all can share about the area is very appreciated especially regarding installing a utility pole, water tank and internet. Also has anyone paved the road leading to their House? Or laid down gravel? Trying to price how much it'll be. We have a truck but also have a Buick and are purchasing an Audi so definitely need sometime of paved road I'm sure.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sierrablancatexas.us/Just-Purchased-tp16p343.html
To unsubscribe from Just Purchased, click here.
NAML
--
Linda
Reply | Threaded
|

Brittane23
Oh Wow thanks so much for the info. It's very helpful. We still have some years before we actually start building but like to have and idea of what to expect. I go on my tour with my parents who also bought land there on the 7th. We would love to visit you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Escapade198
That’s great.  I will leave my gate  on 2317 open on the  7th.  Green wire filled gate on west or right side of 2317, two miles south of us highway 180/62, 7820 and  7810 on green gate post. You can easily see my barn, trailer and cabin from 2317.  See u then.  Have a safe trip.  

Linda Courts 

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 3:15 PM Brittane23 [via Sierra Blanca TX Land Owners] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh Wow thanks so much for the info. It's very helpful. We still have some years before we actually start building but like to have and idea of what to expect. I go on my tour with my parents who also bought land there on the 7th. We would love to visit you.

http://forum.sierrablancatexas.us/Just-Purchased-tp16p345.html
NAML
--
Linda
Reply | Threaded
|

Brittane23
Ok thank you. See you then.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brittane23
In reply to this post by Escapade198
Hitting the road today. Will visit you tomorrow after our tour :) looking forward to it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Escapade198
Great, see u tomorrow.  

LC

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 7:55 AM Brittane23 [via Sierra Blanca TX Land Owners] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hitting the road today. Will visit you tomorrow after our tour :) looking forward to it.

http://forum.sierrablancatexas.us/Just-Purchased-tp16p349.html
NAML
--
Linda
Reply | Threaded
|

Brittane23
Hi we aren't able to stop by again. My kids are way to fussy from the trip. Once my husband comes back from deployment him and I will make the trip down alone and stop by.
Reply | Threaded
|

Escapade198
Ok, did you get to see your land?

LC

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 12:46 PM Brittane23 [via Sierra Blanca TX Land Owners] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi we aren't able to stop by again. My kids are way to fussy from the trip. Once my husband comes back from deployment him and I will make the trip down alone and stop by.

NAML
--
Linda
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristoff
Hey, good folks,

I recently purchased 40 acres (Sunset 227 13/14) A little south of 62 and a bit west of 2317.

In looking at Google earth it looks like there is a diagonal road that comes across lot 14 at an angle and appears to lead straight to a house/complex south of me a mile or so. I guess my question is, is this fairly common to have an access road running through the property? What issues might there be with this?  As well, does anyone know about this particular house? Looks like the put quite a bit of $$ into it.

Thanks much and I look forward to hearing from you.

George
Reply | Threaded
|

Jerry
Probably best thing to do is have Jerry Strano set up a tour, the couple that showed me my property knew a lot about the area and folks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Emerald
My property is south of Gun Sight RD,west of 1111. When I took my tour I noticed that there were some fences running across some of the properties. If you have  to go through a gate you have to close it afterwards. A rancher has grazing rights and can run cattle in there. You have to fence off your property if you don't want them. Most of the time if there is no rain there is no water for them. 

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 8:43 AM, Jerry [via Sierra Blanca TX Land Owners] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Probably best thing to do is have Jerry Strano set up a tour, the couple that showed me my property knew a lot about the area and folks.

http://forum.sierrablancatexas.us/Just-Purchased-tp16p386.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

andrew.saldana1
My wife and I just purchased in the Silver Spur Ranch, 100 acres. Looking forward to spending more time in the bush and less in the city. Hope to meet some neighbors as well. We will be out there next weekend for our tour of the property. How much is it running right now to have water hauled to location?
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike,S
I`m gonna suggest you get on facebook and join up on " sierra blanca uncensored" Ask all your questions on that page. The people you want to talk to live in the area you are buying land in. regard Mike Sullivan. P.S. I`m on that page and live in Silver Spur also.
Reply | Threaded
|

Melissa
Just purchased Lot 1 in Unit 307....Section# 20, Block 68-1/2!!!
1 ... 3456